mardi 29 décembre 2015

Making my first plugin for Wordpress. Need to help to get it going

I'm making my first plugin for Wordpress and is under a little bit of time pressure, thought I know I will get it done and ready, It would be nice with some guidance on some questions I have.

About the plugin. It's a plugin that simply will show "Next Game" for a team. You will be able to enter basic information about your own team, for example name and logo. Then there is another option called "Manage matches" where you'll be able to enter all the matches the team will play.

The plugin will then be shown using a shortcode on the frontend, where it will simply just check weather or no the date of the match is next up, and so on... :)

It needs to things (admin options).

  1. Manage Matches
  2. Manage Team

Question: How do I about to create this? I figured out that I either do, custom post type thingy, or simple create my own table in the database and run my own race here. What is the best option for me to go about this?

I do not need someone to code it for me, just how you would have done it. Custom Post Type for "manage Matches", make a admin page for manage team, look up that and that in codex etc.



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire