vendredi 25 mars 2016

Amazon Cloudfron with W3 Total Cache plugin

I am using Amazon Cloudfront CDN with S3 as a Origin [cdn.mycompany.com as a CNAME) in Wordpress W3 Total Cache Plugin. I am running wordpress instance in Amazon EC2 instance and all our CSS, JS, Image files are uploaded to S3 storage and now the initial deployment is working fine. But I want to know, what is the best practice in case of further incremental changes.

As for as I now, if I have to add a new page / modify existing page with some style changes, I have to do the changes in my Wordpress site (which will take place in wordpress db) and I have to update the CSS/JS files to S3 storage and then run Invalidation for the files to reflect the changes. But I believe until then, the page wont show the latest content as the invalidation process takes around 10 to 15 min of time. That means, during the invalidation period, wordpress db have latest page content and cloudfront edge have the old content.

Can any one let us know, how does other handle this and what is the process of updating existing files in Cloudfront without affect my website. Or let me know, if I misunderstood anything.

Thanks in Advance.



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire