mercredi 9 mars 2016

How to Convert this Landing Page in to WordPress - Theme Development - Specific Questions Inside

Alright, so I am trying to convert this theme http://ift.tt/1YvK9Gw to WordPress.

I've setup necessary files such as header, footer, functions, style, front-page etc.

With that, I've written a little code in all these files. Technically, (statically) the theme works fine as a WordPress theme.

However, I'd like the front-page (http://ift.tt/1YvK9Gw) to be editable/customizable by the end user as needed.

So the approach I've used is Widgets. I've made a widget for each box (I call each box as and others). So I've made 2 widgets so far, will make 2 more to cover every kind of box.

Now is this the right approach to make this dynamically controlled? I am new to WordPress development, however I've been using WordPress since it's inception.

Or should I be using the dashboard/admin to code these dynamically? What's right and how to do it?

Besides, I've learned the basics of theme development from scratch which includes making a blog version of the theme. So I'll be able to code the blog part of theme.

And one last question, if I use Widgets. Is it possible to upload pictures via Widgets and display them on frontpage? Thanks a ton!



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire